All India Council for Minorities was established by Urdu Education Board (UEB) (a society registered under Societies Registration Act, 1860). National Commission for Minorities Educational Institutions (NCEMI) a statutory body of Government of India established under the Act of Parliament has granted status of Minority Educational Institutions to the Urdu Education Board (UEB). The main objectives of the All India Council for Monitories is to associate and strengthen all notified minorities institutes for overall wellbeing of minority people through Education, Health, Housing, Employment, Women Empowerment, Skill Development, etc. All India Council for Minorities will make aware the people of minority community about government policies, programmes and schemes launched by the Government of India for their welfare.
Vision- Associate and unite all the minorities’ institutes for overall wellbeing of people from minorities communities.
Mission- Ensure well being of minorities communities through government policies, programmes and schemes.
The following are the main aim & objectives of All India Council for Minorities.
1. Associate and unite all the notified minority institutes.
2. Promotion of government schemes for welfare of minorities.
3. Educational development of minority students.
4. Ensure quality health services and 100% vaccination for minorities.
5. Ensure benefits under the housing schemes of government should reach to the minorities.
6. Generation of employment opportunities.
7. Women empowerment through basic human rights and freedom of choice.
8. Promotion of traditional and modern skills for employability of minorities.
The following are the main initiatives of All India Council for Minorities.